Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Time to Remember

"I think it's God giving us some sunshine in the midst of the rain, Mom." says my daughter, Natalie. 

We had just opened an envelope with $50 in it. A surprise blessing. Of course it was Him. He has a way of pouring out His love and goodness in ways that capture my heart over and over again. 

And while, the money was timely for us and greatly appreciated; I think there was a bit more that the gift did for us. It reminded us of our Heavenly Father who is constantly watching over our lives and caring for us tenderly through our difficult times. It also reminded us of the people around us who love and care for us, who offer their lives as an incarnational reflection of Jesus here on the earth. 

"The Lord is for me among those who help me." Psalm 118:7

As we approach the Thanksgiving season, may we take time to remember Him and those around us who have shown us great love. And may we be an offering of His love to the people around us. 

Quite possibly, this is the greatest gift you will ever receive and the most worthy calling you will ever live. 


No comments:

Post a Comment