Friday, June 20, 2014

Nope, not going to do it.

"I have yet to meet an executive, regardless of station or rank, who could not consign 25 percent of the demands on their time to the wastebasket without anyone noticing their disappearance." Peter Drucker

I like lists. I like to-do lists, collection lists, electronic lists, outlined lists, dated lists, tickler lists, and more! I am organized and love accomplishments and seeing things happen. What better way to do it than through a list?

What I've found is, there's one list I haven't completely mastered yet: my "Not to do" list. 

Oftentimes when we want something in our life or set a new goal, we simply "add" it into our already busy lives. Next, the focus becomes how do we balance it all & keep from becoming overwhelmed. 

Ask a gardener - how do you bring forth the most fruitfulness in a plant? Yes, water, light, soil and nutrients. Oh yes, and more important part: PRUNING. Removing the outgrowth, so a plant can better produce. 

Realizing my "Not to do" list is a critical part of growth and effectiveness is almost a relief. I think I'll go start on mine now. 

What needs to go on your "Not to do" list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment