Monday, March 27, 2017

Breathing Room

I've had some changes to my schedule this year which brought about a need to re-balance and structure things in my life. As I've been working towards a new rhythm, I found myself struggling to rest and like I was running from one thing to the next, even when I wasn't. Life has felt somewhat constricting and without margin. There just isn't always enough time to go around.

As the Lenten Season began, my prayer was that God would help me find "breathing room" again. 

And here's what is happening... 

Deep breath #1: Trust. The Good Shepherd is teaching me again that he cares for me always. And in all ways. Psalm 23:1

Deep breath #2: Listen. It's been a rainy, gray, 40's and 50's bleh week. Yet, tonight sitting at the table working, I was overcome by the joyful songs of the birds announcing spring. Sometimes what we can't see, is given to us as we listen. 

Deep breath #3: Friends. Often I really can't grasp the grace I need on my own. It's in the shared moments where we bear one another's burdens and pray and laugh and tell stories. Suddenly the weight is lifted and we're energized to keep going. 

May you experience a deep breath of the goodness of life this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment