Monday, January 5, 2015

Taken By Surprise!



"The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us." - Ashley Montagu

Last month, my brother had generously filled my freezer with some meat, as he prepared for a fresh beef to be delivered. If you've ever ate home-grown beef, you know how amazing it is! You also know it comes in very generic white wrapping paper with pink lettering telling you what is inside.

Well, earlier today I thought I'd put out a package of meat to thaw for dinner. I reached into the freezer and grabbed out a package that looks exactly like the size of a pound of ground beef. Perfect... tacos it will be. Around 6:30 tonight, I whipped the package open as I grabbed out a skillet...evidently STILL not reading the print... and out plops two steaks.

Befuddled, I look at the packaging print filet mignon. Whoa. Taken by surprise. I tell you, a true moment of happiness as I grilled those up, made potatoes and a salad. Eating like a king on a Monday, no less!

As you plan and prepare for the New Year, my prayer is that you would be seized by moments of happiness as you enjoy the surprises of life.

Happy 2015 to you!

[Photo not my steak. Was long gone by the time I thought of this blog.]









No comments:

Post a Comment