Monday, January 26, 2015

REALLY? As Much As I Want?!

For my daughter's birthday this year, we took a group of girls for a scavenger hunt around the city and ended with a celebration at Menchie's Frozen Yogurt shop. 
 
Maybe you are familiar with the frozen yogurt bars? Where they give you a big bowl, in front of a line up of around 10 freshly made yogurt choices, followed with a topping bar with every topping you could imagine! It's kind of like Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory all over again. 

At the end, you put your masterpiece on the scale & choose your favorite spoon while the adult pays way too much for this journey of enjoyment. 
 
It's great. And it's also Natalie's favorite treat, so that's how we ended up there.

As the girls begin to sample the yogurt samples, one walked up to me with her big bowl and asked, "How much can I get?"

"What do you mean? Get what you want." I answered. 

"Well, when mom takes me I am only allowed a small portion because it's really expensive and I just want to make sure I know how much I can get."

Ding, Ding, Ding. Now, I knew it was an opportunity to make a memory for a girl and I jumped all over it... "You get as much as you want!" I replied with a smile. 

"REALLY?!?" she asked with large eyes. "As much as I want?!"

"YES! Get as much as you want!"

She wandered around, almost unsure what to do. In fact, she came over another time to make sure it really was okay to fill her cup as full as she wanted. 
 
Not only did it make a special moment for her, but for me too.
 
It reminded me of the Father heart of God and how extravagant he is with us. In fact, according to Psalm 23, he makes our cups run over. 

Bring your empty cups, and let him fill them. He takes great pleasure in it.

 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment