Monday, February 16, 2015

Sharing Life

For everything that happens in life - there is a season, a right time for everything under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

I have to admit, I am a slow adopter to emoji's. Unlike my 14 year old daughter Natalie who has entire conversations with them. I tend to stick with words and be pretty direct in my communications. While I'm quite accustomed to a quick colon/ parantheses smile :) or xo for kiss and a hug.... who has time to change the keyboard to a sea of hundreds of faces?!

But I've tried. Mostly because Natalie has asked me to. I think it's a 6th love language & Gary Chapman may have to revise his book on the love languages.

In my efforts, I've failed as much as I've done them right. Who knew that each face has a particular meaning and you can't just choose the one you want? Did you know that there is even an emojipedia where you can discover all the meanings? And I'm not going to read it. She's just going to have to put up with her mom's love language & do some interpreting. 

What I do know, is that emoji's communicate emotions - a vital exchange and sharing in our relationships. There is a season to rejoice and a season to weep. A season to hold and a season to let go. A season to live and a season to die. All these things we experience, and our friends do too. 

So, maybe emoji's have a good place in our lives. Sometimes they deliver cheerfulness and othertimes comfort. Whether you use them or not, I encourage you to find a way to share the seasons of life with the people around you. 

Living your best life means feeling it & sharing it with others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment