Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Uncharted Territory


There are many times in life we find ourselves in uncharted territory. Sometimes it is a new opportunity that provides an exciting adventure and other times a wilderness that seems overgrown with challenges. Often these uncharted places are a combination of both.

These last few weeks I have cried tears and rejoiced with joy. I have shared moments that have become 100 times richer in the presence of friends. There remain more questions than answers; but an eternal hope anchors my heart. It is the beauty of living life.

In one of these moments, just a few days ago, I had the blessing of sharing life and praying with a young group of girls. We prayed about sleepovers and grandparents and struggles at home. As I shared my prayer request in simple terms, a surprised 8 year old observed... "So, adults can still get scared?"

Yes. They can.

And the prayers of an 8 year old can also bring peace and courage in the wilderness.

Today, I am praying for you. Because I can bet you are in some type of uncharted territory in your life and wondering about the way forward. May you find lasting peace & joy in the one who is guiding you through. He's crazy about you and He will get you through.

I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. Philippians 4:12 -13, The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment