Thursday, February 28, 2013

When God calls




When God calls us, we can guarantee two things will happen - 1. It will be more than we can handle on our own.  2. He will be with us.








Out shepherding sheep on the hillside, Moses sees a bush on fire and the Angel of the Lord starts talking to him out of the burning bush.  As he hears the command to go deliver the Israelites from Egypt's oppression, Moses replies with 'Who am I?' for this incredible task?   God's answer, "I will be with you." 

Following Moses' great leadership, Joshua is now in charge of getting the people of Israel across the Jordan River and into the Promised Land.  As the command comes, so does God's promise, "As I was with Moses, so I will be with you."

In Jesus' last moments with the disciples, he commissions them to go and make disciples of all the nations.  Yep, followed with the exact same promise, "I am with you always."

When God calls, go ahead.  Do what He's stirring in your heart.  And as you go, listen.  Let his words be your comfort, joy, and strength for each passing day... I am with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment