Tuesday, September 20, 2016

He holds my hand.

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

There are days and seasons where we soar high, like wings on eagles. Life is good; our strength is full. There are times we run and keep running. We cover great distances, yet do not tire. Then there are those times when we walk. One foot in front of the other. No dynamo of energy surging through us as we feel when we soar or run. More of a strength that holds us steady and keeps us from passing out.

I love to soar. Freely lifted on the wind currents. It is there I have a greater perspective that helps me feel like a victor in the challenges that arise. I don't stumble or trip, I'm above it.

Running is also something I really enjoy. Particularly, when I don't get tired. When I am in the zone, I feel alive and ready for whatever is around the bend. I don't get distracted or worried, the steady breathing and oxygen flowing through my lungs gives me a confidence that it will all work out.

Walking in this context sounds hard; as fainting is a concern. It's a place in life where walking is required due to the uneven terrain, obstacles, or inability to see very far ahead. It's here where strength is a whole different gift. Rather than enabling us to cover great distance or rise above all the challenges, strength is a keeping power and prevents us from 'fainting' amidst the pressure.

Three distinct experiences. All are strength.

As I grow older, I'm becoming more okay with the walking seasons. I've found I am more engaged with people, intentional with my time, and even take better care of myself. I grow in empathy and compassion towards others and the challenges they are navigating. I've also learned there's a special gift to these times...

Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. Psalm 37:24

He holds my hand.

It's when life is slowed down and hard that I sense how near the Lord really is. How everything is going to work out... not because I can see it or have it figured out... but because I can feel his hand holding mine. It's the hardest, yet best place to live.

Here's to living in sync with your best life, strength in all conditions.  

Soar above. Run the distance. Hold his hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment