Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Sharing Life

One of my favorite things about Christmas is seeing what makes people's eyes light up. A nice chisel set for my brother-in-law Matthew, a best aunt ever mug for Auntie Roi, spring training Yankee tickets for Grampy, and books for Nana... each gift a small glimpse into the person and what means a lot to them. 

My favorite part by far was meeting my nephew Auri. This sweet three-year-old captured my heart from the moment we met, but it wasn't until I got down on the floor to play with him that I began to capture his. We played cars, train, Batman, and fire trucks. I crawled in and out of the pop up castle tent more times than I can count. At nap time, when we were supposed to be sleeping we may or may not talked about all sorts of things. (Shhhh. Don't let anyone know.) Later in the afternoon, Auri ran up and gave me a spontaneous kiss on the cheek. More than any words can communicate, this small gesture told me I was 'in'.

Living your best life is one that is shared. There's something wonderful about entering someone else's world, learning what makes their heart happy, and sharing it with them. One of the greatest gifts we have to give to each other. 

Here's to sharing life today and all year long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment